In this Senior Software Performance Engineer role, you will be part of the Quality Engineering team to drive improvements in performance, scalability and reliability of our products and services for company’s new electrified fleet. You will work closely with the agile software development teams and will certify products for release readiness for performance, scalability and reliability and will carry out performance benchmarking for our products and services at global scale.
What you get to do in this role:
- Collaborate with PM and developers to better understand how customers interface and use our product to design specific testing strategies for features being developed and automate them
- Architecting and driving complex performance testing / engineering projects that measure the characteristics of systems running under dynamic, real-world workloads for enterprise software and services
- Create infrastructure, automation, and tools that drive realistic loads against the core services of our platform. You will also enable peers in engineering, cloud ops team to leverage our tools to provide scalability metrics
- Collect and report performance metrics from test executions
- Deep dives with engineers to identify root cause analysis for performance bottlenecks and propose solutions
Typical task breakdown and rhythm (the day to day tasks):
Work with the team to understand the infrastructure, architecture of the dependent systems to setup performance test plan so that we can scale properly.
Will be working closely with dev team
- 5+ years of experience in architecting and driving performance testing projects and solutions. Proven experience with concurrency, multithreading, and distributed system architecture.
Strong hands-on technical skills and experience in developing performance testing strategy and performance testing process
Strong skills in JMeter and/or other performance testing frameworks (i.e. LoadRunner)
- Strong experience with Azure Cosmo DB
- Understand system architecture, carry out root cause analysis of complex performance issues, analyze results and recommend solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a drive for learning new technologies
- Proven ability to drive cross-team technical discussions and decision making with a solid understanding of SDLC concepts
BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering with proven experience in performance testing for enterprise software products and service
Technologies/depth of technologies required: Azure cloud, JMeter
Top 3 must-have hard skills Level of experience with each Stack-ranked by importance
Go getter = drive the performance process e2e
Good communication – able to convey to team the need for performance testing and improvements and understand the e2e system infrastructure
JMeter / scripting experience (ie. Python)
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.