Malvern, Pa - hybrid
7+ years must
4-5 years experience in Python Application Development
This contractor should be well-versed in using IDE's such as VSCode, Pycharm, STS, and others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Designs, implements, and deploys cloud platforms to support and meet business needs. Identifies and recommends opportunities for improvement and performance issue solutions.
2. Provides intermediate level technical support and monitors multiple cloud technology platforms efficiency through the use of monitoring tools and applications. Maintains comprehensive technical knowledge of cloud software and infrastructure platforms.
3. Develops technical standards. Tests and evaluates IT vendor products. Reviews configuration parameters to optimize system performance and maximize operation uptime
4. Trains and mentors' staff and IT project teams, providing guidance and consultation as required. Updates, writes, and maintains documentation for the department.
5. Administers systems by actively managing patching, routine maintenance, and backups to include the scheduling and execution of related tasks. Evaluating system performance and capacity in a large, distributed infrastructure environment
6. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Experience: Minimum 5+ years of software development experience with 3+ years' experience in AWS Cloud development.
Scripting & Programming Languages: Python, Java, Spark, Bash
AWS: CloudFormation, IAM, S3, EC2, EMR, Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB, Athena, AWS Glue, CloudWatch, Redshift, RDS
Python Modules: Boto3, Pandas
Code pipeline: GitHub, BitBucket, Bamboo
Ability to write unit testing
Splunk logging & reporting