Autonomous Vehicle Test Operator - Tactical Response Team
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Duration: 1 year
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
As an Autonomous Vehicle (AV) Test Operator on the Tactical Response Team (TRT), you will help us test and improve the performance of our driverless cars while traveling to new markets. You will tackle hard problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications. You should have strong attention to detail, basic technical skills, and an excellent driving record. Integrity, good judgment, and the ability to work in a team environment are required at all times. You will be expected to keep certain project details confidential.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities Include:
Travel 80%+ to new locations around the US to support Engineering and New Market Expansion priorities.
- Work in teams, alternating driving (some manual driving but primarily monitoring the vehicle's behavior in autonomous mode) and software monitoring and logging responsibilities and providing verbal feedback/directions about the autonomous vehicles (AV) environment.
- Complete timely and detailed ride reports for our operations and engineering teams
- Test other aspects of our autonomous vehicles.
- Perform ad hoc projects as needed, including delivery and other community support and/or pilots.
You Must Have the Ability to:
- Prioritize safety and maintain a safety-first mindset, while following all safe work practices and policies
- Accurately type and read on a laptop in a moving vehicle
- Ability to give and receive clear, prompt, and understandable verbal and written communications
- Safely operate the AV in accordance with client safety protocols and applicable law
- This includes, but is not limited to, having a sufficient range of motion to frequently turn a steering wheel, operate the accelerator and brake, check blind spots and evaluate the environment, and maintaining appropriate air bag clearance
- Tolerate occasional abrupt starts, stops, turns, and maneuvers associated with driving or taking control of the AV in both training and daily job functions
- Regularly perform physical work including, but not limited to, stooping, lifting, and moving up to 50 pounds, and walking up and down flights of stairs
- Ability to remain alert and extremely focused for two-hour uninterrupted blocks of time
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, including interacting with the public
- High attention to detail
- Computer literacy required, with an emphasis on laptop usage. Expectations include skills such as navigating through multiple accounts and windows quickly, using common keyboard shortcuts, and using various software programs to include instant messaging. Must type a minimum of 20 wpm.
The above physical demands describe the general nature of work being performed of the role, and are not intended to be an exhaustive list.
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.